Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome to my Cooking Blog!



Hello friends! And thank you for your interest in my blog.  I must admit, before I set out to create my own blog, I was not a big fan of blogging, but I feel this venture will change that. We shall see! The reason I decided to start my own blog is because I love cooking so much! I enjoy cooking shows, reading cook books, researching cooking techniques online, and dreaming up exciting dishes in my spare time.  In fact, even today I daydreamed for hours about what I would cook up for my mom and my husband's mom for Mother's Day on Sunday.  I think I finally came to a decision - chicken and cheese puff pastries for an appetizer, then shrimp bisque with cheese garlic biscuits (inspired by the famous Red Lobster biscuits) and blackened chicken salad, with a blackberry cobbler for dessert - made with fresh hand-picked blackberries! Delicious, right? I hope our guests think so!


I wanted a place where I could share my cooking experiments, and maybe even inspire someone to put on an apron and start experimenting in the kitchen themselves!  Like I said, I love cooking - and this blog is really a place for me to share all the different recipes I try, whether they be something I find online, in a magazine, or come up with myself.  I want to share my cooking experiences with the world. I also want to learn about cooking from anyone I can, so please feel free to comment on anything you read here.  I am currently in grad school studying to get my MBA with a focus in marketing, but when I graduate next year, I intend to go to a local culinary school, Trenholm Tech, and get my degree in that as well.  I really want this degree for the knowledge, not for an opportunity to get a job as a chef - just because I truly love cooking and the culinary arts and aspire to know as much as I can about it - from sauteing to baking, and everything in between.


I hope you enjoy my journey in the kitchen as much as I do, and maybe we will even learn something along the way!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yay sis now maybe I can learn some of your mad cooking skills!! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio