Monday, May 30, 2011

Finger Lickin' Good Barbecue Sauce!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!! Hope y'all had a great holiday! We sure did! I made a delicious barbecue sauce for our pork spare ribs this weekend, and I am just dying to share it with you!


Ingredients

  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • 1/3 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste

Directions

  1. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
  2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Run sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce.

I followed this amazing recipe EXACTLY! And it was so good!! I did read reviews from others though of this sauce, and made the decision to prepare it a a day ahead and refrigerate it over night.  Let me just say it was absolutely delicious as soon as it all cooked together and I could not tell much of a difference after it had been refrigerated over 24 hours. So, that's up to you whether you want to prepare it in advance or not so it can sit. This sauce was SO good though! The only things I might do differently next time would be to add a little more bourbon for flavor and maybe add a little lemon for some tangyness.   Overall, this is one of the best barbecue sauces I have ever had. I used this to baste and serve with my rack of spare pork ribs, YUM!!!!!



Recipe Link:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio